Texting...texting... can you hear me?

Wednesday 15 April 2009

Now we know why the blog's so sporadically updated

Second week at Text 100. Beginning to see my in-tray slowly pile up with things. Now I see why no one updates this. Lack of time!

ML's been very firm with us, reminding us that we can't afford to be complacent in the current climate. Overall, clients are pretty enthused with what we're doing but there is still room for improvement.

We've had good news which has somewhat dispersed some gloom. At the same time, we have to be prepared for change. Recently I heard a big brand has dropped both of its PR agencies locally and opting to sign up with the big agency servicing the brand elsewhere. It was a global decision so it doesn't really reflect on the agencies. It could (and has) happened to us.

When things like that happen, you just have to shrug and wish your clients well. But losing clients because of disatisfaction/poor performance/being reactive instead of proactive? Word does get out about poorly performing agencies. It doesn't help media's a gossipy bunch who will actively spread PR nightmares around. I should know because I've been one of those 'smart mouths'.

It isn't enough to be the 'cool' agency who understands peer media. We also have to be good at the basics, getting the fundamentals right. It terrifies me sometimes because in some ways I may be ahead of the curve, while in others I'm practically a newborn. But so far, the Texties have been patient, gentle and a lot of fun.

They also work so hard I feel guilty leaving the office too early. But I console myself by taking work home. Some minor edits to a presso, formatting new media list, I should be good for tomorrow. First (real) client meeting so we'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home